Saturday, June 25, 2011

20 Things I Will Never Go Crunchy For: #19


Don't get me wrong, I adore the idea - and I can certainly see its practical uses. Add in the idea that it means less water that has to be taken, used, and treated, and I'm for these awesome inventions 100%. The problem is that they're just not up my personal alley. Yes, they're perfect for a family who is pulling completely off the grid and trying to live away the needs of a regular society, but we will probably always be a household who lives, to some degree, in or near a city - and these toilets strike me as being incredibly over complicated for someone like myself (read: someone who is probably lucky she has the coordination to tie her own shoes).

I do get the idea, and love the concept, and would probably be all about them if we headed off to live in a cabin somewhere in isolation. But as it stands, and as neat as they are, I just cannot get myself hyped up about them enough to seriously consider it. No, really - ever. It isn't that I don't care about the environment (I was born on Earth Day, after all!), it's that I can't imagine for the life of me trying to properly upkeep one of these things without unintentionally destroying far-off worlds of sentient, intelligent creatures. Don't ask how I'd manage that. I know me. It's an inborn talent.

On another note, I'd like to give a shout out to Stephanie over at The Coexist Café, whom I only recently found. I love her blog, and just peeking at some of the recipes on there is making me hungry! We don't eat enough vegetarian meals around here, so having some new ideas is awesome - and she tends to post about things I care about, which is another plus! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment